Other common names:
Farmer's friend, beggar's tick, bur marigold, common beggar-ticks.
- Family: Asteraceae
- Erect annual which can grow up to 1.8m tall – spreads by seed
- Yellow daisy on branched stems which flower year round
- Fibrous roots
- Long brown seeds, each with two barbed spines. Reproduces by seeds which are easily attached to clothes, pets etc. Seeds germinate in warmer weather after rain.
- Dark green leaves with toothed margins
- Prefers loam to clay loam soils
- Problem in un-mown lawns.
Warm-and cool-season turfgrasses.
- Pesticides: See available tabs below for registered products. Use as per label instructions.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM): Use a combination of approaches listed on this page.
- Cultural: Physical removal of the plant (preferably) before seeding.
- Mechanical: Nil.
Turf Finder or its developer accepts with no responsibility for any consequences whatsoever resulting from the use of any information or product(s) listed herein. Products are to be applied as per label instructions.