Other common names:
Locowort, Pickpocket, St James Weed, Shepherd's Heart.
- Annual weed
- Green broadleaf leaves, with toothed margins (similar to a thistle)
- A distinctive flattened heart shaped fruit pod containing seeds
- Small white flowers present on a single umbel spike. Terminals can reach up to 30 cm tall
- Flowers June to November
- Edible plant
Warm-and cool-season turfgrasses.
- Pesticides: See available tabs below for registered products. Use as per label instructions.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM): Use a combination of approaches listed on this page.
- Cultural: Hand removal of weeds before flowering.
- Mechanical: Nil.
Turf Finder or its developer accepts with no responsibility for any consequences whatsoever resulting from the use of any information or product(s) listed herein. Products are to be applied as per label instructions.