Other common names:
Ageratum, billy goat weed, billygoat weed, chick weed, goatweed, floss flower and white weed.
- Erect herb of disturbed areas
- Annual or short-lived perennial
- Mauve or white flower heads
- Grows in both sun and partial shade
- Produces up to 40,000 seeds per plant, 50% germinate immediately under a wide range of conditions
- Spreads by wind and water and likes fertile, moist soil
- There is also a very similar and often mistaken weed, called blue billygoat weed (Ageratum houstonianum) which is erect or semi-prostrate herb with lavender blue or mauve flowers. The significant differences between the two species are that A. conyzoides has sparsely hairy bracts and short floral projections compared to A. houstonianum which has very hairy bracts and long floral projections.
- Pesticides: See available tabs below for registered products. Use as per label instructions.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM): Nil.
- Cultural: Nil.
Turf Finder or its developer accepts with no responsibility for any consequences whatsoever resulting from the use of any information or product(s) listed herein. Products are to be applied as per label instructions.