Other common names:
Indigo, indigo bush, lawn indigo, trailing indigo.
- Family: Fabaceae
- Prostrate, creeping with a very shallow or submerged crown
- Flowers: salmon coloured (sometimes white, pinking or orange) racemes arranged in clusters
- Compound leaves with 5 to 11 leaflets
- Narrow cylindrical pods 15-25mm long
- Roots at the nodes, strong deep tap root
- Prolific seeding
- Prefers clay, clay loams, sands pH 4.0 to 8.5
- Grows in full sunlight to light shade
- Drought tolerant
- Few pests and diseases
- Nitrogen fixing.
Warm-and cool-season turfgrasses.
- Pesticides: See available tabs below for registered products. Use as per label instructions.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM): Use a combination of approaches listed on this page.
- Cultural: Nil.
- Mechanical: Nil.
Turf Finder or its developer accepts with no responsibility for any consequences whatsoever resulting from the use of any information or product(s) listed herein. Products are to be applied as per label instructions.